Monday, April 23, 2012

Sweatin' Outside My Comfort Zone

I worked out with my aunt. That was definitely outside of my comfort zone. My aunt is 63 years old, but she has the energy of a 16 year old. I explained to her that I was trying to get some points for my class, but she did not have any mercy on me. She popped in her Jillian Michael's exercise DVD and proceeded to call out commands to me as if she starred in the making of this video herself. This workout involved a lot of jumping around and squats. I really had a hard time keeping up and kept glancing at my watch so that I could call it quits. After it was over, I hobbled to the refrigerator to get some water and to reflect on the fact that I really need to become more active because my aunt who is almost twice my age had just shamed me. I do recommend this exercise DVD to others who are interested. Maybe one day I will build up the courage to try it again. If and when I do try it again, I will do it by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment