Sunday, January 29, 2012

Reflections on Jane MacGonigal's Talk

Jane MacGonigal is a very captivating speaker. She held my attention from the very moment the video started until the very end. My initial impression of the talk was shock. I was shocked at the number of hours a week we spend playing games. When she mentioned that this was not enough time, I did not think she was serious until she clarified that she was indeed serious. I definitely agree with what she said about seeing the same expression of someone on the verge of an epic win on the face of someone who is trying to solve real life problems. The same energy and concentration should be put into real life that is put into games. I do believe play and learning can be combined. This class is the perfect example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment